Tomorrow morning marks the official start of 2019 “work” for us – school and activities start! Back to the routine. Our morning commute will be increasing by 5 minutes next month and we are going to be working on getting out the door a little earlier with the help of “car breakfast.”
Food in the car.
UGGG. The kids have these car trays that we use for snacking and activities and they do an amazzing job of catching crumbs. Typically, I just shake them out when we get to our destination. We’ll be using these for the days we eat in the car.
This week we have grapes, bananas, banana bread and blueberry scones as our “grab and go” items. The scones are amazing and you definately need to add them to your quick breakfast routine. Easy to make ahead and store in an air-tight container. I like these from Ikea.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup milk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead in the blueberries.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into eight wedges. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm.