Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
After trying too many pumpkin bread recipes, we determined that everyone likes their pumpkin bread a little different. Some like it more dense, more (cringe) moist, more pumpkiny, with banana or super light and fluffy. So many variations on such a great recipe. However, we think we have the goldilocks of all chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipes right here.
- 1 3/4 cup King Arthur Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Penzeys cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Penzeys nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Penzeys cloves
- 1/4 tsp Penzeys ginger
- 3/4 tsp Penzeys salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Artisan Kettle semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and adjust your baking rack to middle level.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray
- Combine all dry ingredients together, flour to salt listed above in a large bowl, mix well. Add the chocolate chips to this dry mix and coat them well in the flour mix (this helps to suspend the chips in the bread evenly).
- In a the bowl of electric mixer, combine egg, both types of sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, oj and vanilla extract. Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan
- Optional crust, add a handful of brown sugar and cinnamon to the top of this loaf, sprinkle extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool completely on a baking rack before covering loosely with foil.
*Featured on NBC15 with Everyday Moms, Pam Tauscher