Sunbutter Temptation Cookies
This weekend was our annual cookie bake weekend in preparation for the upcoming holidays. This tradition started 7 years ago when I was 9 months pregnant and craving cookies. It worked out well, my mom needed a personalized gift for 15 co-workers and Cookie Bake weekend was born. Craving satisfied and gifts delivered, we have continued this tradition through babies, toddlers and now little people who actually help! It’s been fun talking about our cookie bake memories; the recipe mix-ups, spills, breastfeeding while baking, kid naps on the kitchen floor, burnt spatulas, burnt cookies, unidentifiable cookies, the list goes on.
Each day this week, I’ll share a recipe of the cookies we made this weekend. These are our favorites, and they area also all modified to be nut-free. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do now.
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature, unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 package classic bag Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 + 1/2 cup King Arthur nut-free flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- STOP. before you do anything. unwrap a bunch of those kisses and put them in a large bowl and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to put them into your cookie.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375*
- Set out ungreased mini muffin tins.
- Cream the butter, Sunbutter, and both sugars together.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and combine them into the mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls.
- Do not press dough into the pans.
- Bake 6-10 minutes depending on your oven
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately place Hershey Kiss in the middle, you must be quick
- Yield: 32 cookies