If you don’t like to cook, don’t think you can cook, don’t want to cook, have a case of the Mondays (Tuesdays – Fridays for that matter) or just need something to feed your family or yourself, this is it.
It’s super fast, and packed full of flavor. We made it on a Monday and it was amazing. Plus, if you have fresh herbs growing, it’s a great way to use up LOTS of basil. If you don’t grow basil, pick up one of those little plants in the produce department at your grocery store. It’s worth it!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 (12oz) smoked andouille sausage (any sausage will work, we just browned off some spicy Italian ground beef)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups basil, loosely packed
- 4 cloves garlic (or 2 tbsp powdered)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup red wine
- In a large dutch oven, combine all ingredients, plus 4 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until spaghetti is cooked.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan + stir to thicken.
- Yield: 5-6