My internet connection is slower than 14.4kbps right now. If you’re a 90s chic, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Followed by the “You’ve Got Mail” chime. Slower than slow – hoping to at least get this recipe down to share with you!
I’ve been thinking about these tasty quesadillas all day long. Yes, they were THAT good – and I also had some left over for lunch today. So here goes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- McCormick Quesadilla season packet
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, organic if possible (you don’t want a giant, hormone induced chicken breast. If you get that kind, you’ll need to pound it down to flatten it out or it wont cook at the same rate as the rest of your meat)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion (or any onion will work, even onion powder.)
- 1 handful of small diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp evoo (extra virgin olive oil, or vegetable/avocado oil is fine too)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 350 and pull out a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Chop all of your produce in similar sizes to cook at the same rate: dice the onion, tomato, bell pepper and set to the side.
- Prepare the chicken, cut into small chunks
- In a large frying pan with high sides, place 2 tbsp evoo over med-hi heat
- Add the onion to the fry pan for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the chicken, 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the remainder of the produce.
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Once the vegetables and chicken are cooked, add the season packet + 1/4 cup milk.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Scrape the bottom of the pan and let the milk reduce.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the cheese and turn off the heat.
- Place one large tortilla on a baking sheet.
- Add 1/2 of the chicken mixture to the tortilla
- Place a few more sprinkles of cheese on chicken mixture, if desired
- Put the second tortilla over the top of the mixture
- Place into the oven for 5 minutes, flip, bake for 5 more minutes
- Repeat this process for the second quesadilla
- Let cool
- Cut each quesadilla like a pizza
- Serve with avocado + tomato
Enjoy! Yield = 6
Have a great week! Hope this quick dinner idea helps you out!