Saltine Cracker Brickle
My Dad and his wife had us over for dinner yesterday + my brother and his girlfriend were there, too. It was a fun time and my Dad always has a ton of delicious food for snacking. This year he didn’t disappoint. His BBQ ribs were amazing.
Doug and I both brought a dish. He made olive stuffed cheese balls and I made Saltine Cracker Brickle.
This recipe is so easy, you can literally make it in 5 minutes (even just after stepping out of the shower with your towel still on, thinking Ohmigod, I forgot to make dessert!) It’s so easy.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 sleeves Saltine Cracker
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups favorite chocolate (we used 4 standard size Hershey Chocolate bars, they are safe. Not mini, not holiday, not king size. Just regular size. You can find them sold in bulk during summer near smore + camping stuff in most grocery stores. Otherwise, Enjoy Life Brand is my go-to)
- Jelly roll pan (rimmed cookie sheet)
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Prepare your cookie sheet by lining with foil and spraying it with non-stick spray like Pam.
- Line the cookie tray with one even layer of Saltine crackers. set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the two sticks of butter with brown sugar. Stir frequently over medium heat.
- Once it’s melted, pour evenly over crackers. Use spatula to evenly spread out.
- Bakr at 400 for 5 minutes.
- Prepare your chocolate while it’s baking.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers immediately after its out of the oven.
- Use spatula to gently spread the chocolate around to create a nice even layer.
- Cool at room temp. It will harden and you can cut with a big knife.
Toppings to sprinkle over the warm chocolate: crushed candy cane, crushed pretzels, dried fruits, Andes candes, nerds, red hots, sea salt, anything crunchy or salty. Nuts would be awesome if you can have them in your home!