Trisha Yearwood’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
Hello friends! What a week! I hope you’re enjoying some of this amazing weather we’re having, now that summer has finally arrived in the Midwest! If you followed our IG stories, you saw some pretty tasty soup we made where the kids smashed the garlic and helped mix in some easy ingredients. The soup is great since there is basically no heat – you can add some easily to your own bowl with paprika, extra salsa or any type of pepper seasoning to spice it up. Here is the recipe we followed from the Food Network.
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 3 tsp garlic – about 3 cloves minced if they are bigger, double it if they are small
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 C half and half
- 10.75oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 (14oz) chicken stock – just add the whole box.
- 1 C mild salsa
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed and cooked – or use rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15oz) can black beans
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15oz) can corn
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 (1.27oz) fajita season mix
- 1 bag of Tostitos chips
- 8oz of monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 C sour cream
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt the butter. Add garlic and sautee about 4-5 minutes. add flour, chicken stock. Stir
- Add the half and half, cream of chicken soup, salsa, beans, corn, cumin, fajita season mix, simmer.
- Add the cooked chicken and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with chips or over rice. Top with onion, sour cream and cheese.
- Yield is 8-10