No-Bake Granola Bars
Car breakfast is all the rage in our house right now – and I love it because it takes a step out of our morning. Eating in the car is multi-tasking, right? We made these on Sunday night to prep for the week and they literally took 5 minutes to put together. When you’re done mushing them into your pan, pop them into the fridge and they will set up over night for you to use all week long.
- 2 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies or plain Chex)
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons butter (*see note)
- 4 Tablespoons Sunbutter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips , or other favorite add-in’s
- Line a square pan with parchment paper, 8×8 or 9×9 work fine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cereal, flax and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter, sunbutter, sugar, vanilla and honey. Microwave for about a minute until butter is melted. Stir well.
- Combine the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients. Combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepped pan and press down evenly. I like to use a metal scraper to help push the granola down evenly.
- Sprinkle the granola with mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Once it’s set, use a chef knife to cut into bars. Store in air-tight container.
- Yield is about 8 to 10