Dipped Creams are little delicious pillows that melt in your mouth. Literally, they just pooof before you have time to chew! They are very light and fluffy and highly addicting, especially with the melted chocolate on the top. Be sure to have your favorite holiday drink near by, these DO need some milk or egg nog to wash them down.
Chocolate Dipped Creams
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sifted flour
- Extra powdered sugar for rolling
- 1 cup chocolate for melting; set up a double boiler so you don’t burn your Artisan Kettle Chocolate. 1 sauce pan + a little water + 1 pyrex bowl to nest inside the sauce pan. Put your chocolate into the pyrex bowl and boil the water. This will melt your chocolate evenly, without burning.
- Your choice of toppings; jimmies, sprinkles, andes candes bits, etc.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar gradually.
- Add vanilla
- Sift salt, cornstarch, and flour together in separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Form two balls and refrigerate in a glass bowl covered in plastic wrap 2-3 hours or overnight.
- When ready, bring the dough to room temp. form various shapes, balls, rectangles, everything around the same size so baking doesn’t vary too much.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- Roll into powdered sugar if you like.
- Top with Artisan Kettle melted chocolate and sprinkles
- Yield: 6 dozen
Grab your $1 off coupon from Artisan Kettle’s website. They are the most cost competitive, allergy free, organic chocolate on the market right now. And their flavor can’t be beat. I find mine at Hy-Vee and Metcalfes Sentry.