After eating the same boring flavor profile, aka, Thanksgiving leftovers, we are switching it up to Italian. Lasagna to be exact. I’ve got two kids in front of me right now fighting over a box, yes, a box. Why am I driving myself nuts over Christmas toys when apparently a box is the cats meow?! I’ll just skip right to the recipe since I need to referee…..
Campbell’s 30 Minute Weeknight Lasagna
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese – Kraft is safe
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic, lean ground beef
- 1 jar (45 ounces) Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or two jars (24 ounces each) Prego® Three Cheese Italian Sauce
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles, drained – Barilla is safe
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 3 cups)
- Stir the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and eggs in a medium bowl and set it aside. Season the beef as desired. In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the beef until it’s well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat. Stir the sauce in the saucepan.
- Spoon 2 cups beef mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, half the ricotta cheese mixture and half the mozzarella. Repeat the layers. Top with the remaining 4 lasagna noodles, remaining beef mixture and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes or until the lasagna is hot. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
We’re serving with a side salad and garlic bread. FOr other quick weeknight dinners, don’t forget you can search my blog, just type in what you’re looking for on the right search column.
Have a great week!