Weeknight Chicken Wraps
My Instagram has this weeks menu posted if you need some weeknight meal inspiration! Quick and easy stuff! The Chicken Wraps are a new favorite – we recently had them at a St.Patrick’s Day party and they were a (surprise to me!) huge hit with the kids, too.
I’m so grateful for these two mamma friends in my life – the three of us have been friends since our girls were born 6 years ago. They know our nut allergies so well, and always do such a wonderful job of talking about food and labels in advance of our get-togethers. Sometimes, it is almost like they are reading my mind about this stuff, then beep beep boop bop, I get a text message with menu items and ingredient labels. I absolutely love it, and it’s so nice for all the kids to be included at meal time and it’s never a “thing” – we just all have a great time and there are no worries. I’m so grateful for these get-togethers because they are not full of stress and anxiety around meal times, it’s easy, and lovely and good. Just a little shout out to my ladies on this one, THANK YOU, Jill and Christen, for being amazing, caring, loving and inclusive. It truly means the world.
The recipe is easy and very weeknight friendly. But first, have you seen this weeks episode of Big Little Lies?! My new favorite show. It’s SO good – I can’t get enough of this show! Ok, focus focus focus. Here it is….
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- ½ carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 18 ounces meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
1. Mix broccoli slaw and carrots together in large bowl.
2. Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and pepper in a separate medium bowl.
3. Pour this mixture over the broccoli slaw and carrots and toss to coat thoroughly.
4. Refrigerate until you are ready to make your flatbread fold.
5. Add ½ cup of the broccoli slaw mixture to center of the flatbread when ready.
6. Top with 3 ounces of rotisserie chicken and finish by adding baby spinach leaves.
You can also serve with your choice of salad dressing!
Yum yum! Yield is 6. Have a great week!