It’s been a while, hey? I’ve been working on a home-improvement project and I blew away my goal. Happy dancing! The timeline was tight considering I still had adulting to do during the daytime (SAHM stuff) and most of this project had to happen after the kids would go to bed, and before I got too tired. Painting after 10pm is not a good idea.
So this brings me to my favorite term, opportunity cost. My most utilized take-away from my master’s degree 5 yeas ago. The things we must give up to have something else. In this case, I gave up a LOT to complete this project in 4 weeks. My daily work outs = gone. I was so tired from painting ceilings and sanding trim that I literally couldn’t work out, much too sore. Hello Advil. Extra time with kids over two weekends, which were gorgeous by the way – nope none of that. And lastly, my blog. I had no extra time to write. There were other things too, sorry friends!!! I literally was closed out from the world – I HAD to get this project done!
Here I am. Loads of new recipes that I’ve tried over the past few weeks, I’m going to try and play a quick game of catch-up, starting with my most recent, and favorite one, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins. No pic, my phone battery was too low. Next time.
This is my second rendition of this recipe, and definitely my favorite. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (YES, ALL OF IT, NOM NOM NOM)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon (I used pumpkin pie spice this time, good substitute)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package of mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life are my FAVORITE!)
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and oil until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl
- Mix in the dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake pan 3/4 full
- Try using a small ice cream scooper for accuracy
- Grease or paper line the cupcake pan (I use Pam)
- Bake at 400 for 16-20 minutes
- I bake at 18 and they are perfect every time
*Adapted from Food.com
Have you seen this new show on ABC? Notorious? I’m hooked – it’s on my DVR and I’ve got a date with my couch tonight. This cold needs to go away now. Enjoy your week everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!