Weeknights are crazy – the hubs call schedule, school and kiddo activities, plus trying to carve out some time to spend doing something for myself. Dinner is so important to us as a family so here is one more quick, easy, weeknight idea that had everyone clearing their plates this week.
- 2/3 C soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh or ground)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2-3 chicken breasts, I prefer Bare brand
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Stir soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger into bowl and dissolve sugar. Add red pepper flake. Set aside.
- Mix water and cornstarch in small bowl, dissolve completely. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Fry chicken, onion and garlic for about 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add broccoli and cook for about 5 more minutes. Push everything in the skillet to one side.
- Pour the soy sauce mix to the vacant part of the skillet. Stir in the cornstarch slurry to the soy sauce until mixed in completely. Mix in the vegetables and chicken to the sauce mix. Cook until thickened, about 5 more minutes.
Enjoy. Yield = 4