Just a little twist on the classic green bean casserole – a staple at Thanksgiving tables tomorrow.
- 11 x 7 baking dish + non stick spray
- 12oz haricots verts
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion / shallot
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock / vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp parmesian reggiano, grated
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Trim and blanch the haricots verts and place in the baking pan.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium hi heat
- Add the 3 cups of mushrooms and the onion or shallots.
- Cook until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add 1 tbsp flour, cook stirring constantly about 1 min.
- Add 1 cup of stock.
- Add 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Add sprinkle of salt and pepper, generously
- Cook and stir until thick and smooth about 1 to 3 min.
- sprinkle with 1/4 panko bread crumbs.
- Grate fresh parmesan over the top.
- Broil 1 to 2 min.
Serving size is 1 cup. Calories: 171