Do you LOVE Dreamsicle? We do. And this recipe is safe, so I love it even more. During our Thanksgiving prep we found this recipe and decided to try it. Actually, the kids decided we were going to try it. WE all have our favorite things, and they chose this, and there were zero leftovers.
- 1 large package (6oz) orange Jell-0
- 3 Cups water
- 1 large package (5.1oz) Cook and Serve Vanilla pudding mix
- 2 small cans or one large can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 pint whipping cream, or 1 (8oz) cool whip
- Stir together in a sauce pan the pudding mix (cook and serve vanilla) and water.
- Stir in the orange Jell-0 and cook until slightly thick, about 5-8 minutes, medium low heat and whisk.
- Place in a large bowl (probably pyrex since you do not want it to crack, the liquid is over 100* and could cause thermal shock to your dish otherwise), refrigerate until thick, but not set. This took me about 1 hour. If you shake the dish, it should still jiggle around the edge, and slosh in the middle, if that makes any sense 😉
- Add the 1 cup of cool whip, 8oz. I took a whisk and whipped it into the partially set jello.
- Fold in mandarin oranges
- Refrigerate until fully set, approx 4 hours.
- Top with any remaining cool whip.