Korean Beef Bowls
Korean Beef Bowls are actually from a meal prep website we found – so this recipe makes about 6 servings. To make it set up a little quicker, we have been using these 1-minute microwave rice cups. Thanks to this amazing blogger for sharing this delish recipe!
- 1 pound lean ground beef 90% lean, organic grass-fed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (we left this out since I could not find a safe one)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I added 1 tsp since we lOVE ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes – left this out for the kids
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.
In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.