A few years ago I made a pumpkin mousse instead of a pie for Thanksgiving, and it was wonderful. Since many of us don’t really care for pie crust, I decided to bring out this old recipe once again. It’s been a while, and if you follow my Instagram, you saw that I royally messed up this super simple recipe! Ended up fixing it and it turned out fine. Here is how to make it.
- 1 (15oz) pumpkin
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup super fine sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Ginger snap cookies for garnish, or graham crackers
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- Combine pumpkin, 1 cup of heavy cream, sugar and spice in medium sauce pan.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes and cool completely.
- Whip remaining whipping cream in your mixer with wisk attachment and 1 tbsp powdered sugar and 1 tbsp vanilla extract. Whip to form stiff peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into the cooled pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into individual cups and top with whipped cream or ice cream and ginger snap.
- Make sure to let these cool for a few hours in the fridge.