Banana Oatmeal Cookies
It was 90 in Wisconsin today and we have gone from winter to summer in a very short time period. And to top it off, both kids are sick. So when we are stuck inside, I bake. The kids had some energy today, but we did watch 3 movies. Emoji movie isn’t half bad the 3rd time around. At least we didn’t have to watch My Little Pony.
Today we had a ton of bananas approaching “extreme ripeness” so this recipe came in handy for the long holiday weekend. It’s very easy and most of it you already have in your pantry. It’s the perfect addition to any cookout this weekend. Or breakfast.
Keep in mind these will not look like your typical cookie when you take them out of the oven, so don’t freak out. Let them set up. I actually under baked them, just 12 minutes, and let them cool, they will firm up. Think of these as banana bread cookies. You could easily cut the sugar in half and substitute the flour with wheat flour to make these healthier.
- 1.5 C Flour
- 3 C oats
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c mashed banana (about 2 to 3)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients; four, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, chocolate chips, and salt.
- In an electric stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars. Add egg, banana, vanilla. Then gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes
Serving size: 1 cookie // 128 Calories // 5g fat // 19 carbs // 8g sugar // 2g protein // 15mg cholesterol