Omni Hotel Chicago Review
Two weeks ago we had the privilege of staying at the Omni Hotel Chicago for Chloe’s 7th Birthday celebration! It was wonderful and I wanted to share with you why we selected this property.
- It offered an American Girl Package: including an American Girl Doll travel bed, slippers, bath robe, PJ’s, welcome note, special treats and free breakfast.
- Since it’s winter and we were walking, we wanted something close to the actual store/cafe. This hotel was two blocks from the American Girl Doll store. Easy for the kids to walk.
- The price point was nice. Literally, the amount of American Girl Doll items probably added up to be at least $100. The hotel room itself was pretty inexpensive for Chicago standards on the weekend.
- All the rooms are suites, so everyone had a bed to sleep in comfortably and there was a separate TV area so the grownups didn’t have to go to bed at 8, too.
- Swimming Pool!
- Understood food allergies!
- Valet was included with American Girl package
- On-site dining
- Kid-friendly turn down service
- Easy on/off I-90
We love how 1-90 just plops you out on to Ohio Street in the middle of the city. It was just a few blocks to our hotel on Michigan + Huron. When we pulled up to Omni, everyone was super helpful and great with the kids making sure they were safely tucked inside the hotel so we could unload the car.
We checked in, found our room, checked out the pool area + decided to shop a bit. Everything we needed was within about a 5 block radius of the hotel. After shopping + coffee we headed to the American Girl Cafe. The food was OK but the service and attention to allergies was incredible.
When we got back to the hotel later in the evening, the hotel staff greeted my daughter by her first name and remembered it was her Birthday. She was feeling extra, extra special!
Turn down service came and brought mini milks and cookies for the kids. The cookies weren’t safe, but we were prepared for that part. Chloe did enjoy the boxed milk, though. A TV in the kids room + in the living room, we all settled in and watched a movie before going to bed.
The next day we took advantage of their in-house restaurant 676. They had a great buffet and nut-free pancakes. It was a beautiful snowy morning and the huge restaurant windows made it fun to watch the city become blanketed in white fluffy snow.
We would stay here again. The location is wonderful and the renovations they have made are beautiful!
Thank you, Omni, for making our little girls birthday so special!