Hey puter, I’m home! Lobster Thermidor, anyone?
If you haven’t seen Lego Batman movie yet, get it now. It has great adult humor and totally safe and PG for your kids. My 6 and 4 year old absolutely love this movie, and the hubs and I do too, since it’s LOL funny.
The Lobster Thermidor scene is our favorite, just check it out.
We gave up going out on NYE a long time ago. Seven years ago actually. It gets to be too much. Too much money to go out on a crazy night with high expectations and always a MEH outcome. There’s poor service, bad drinks, rude people, crazy people, unsafe drivers, no babysitters, cold AF, and just tired from the crazy holiday hustle!
We started doing an 8pm countdown with the kids a few years ago and it’s perfect. They go to bed, and we stay up, watch movies and have our own glass of bubbly and treats before heading off to bed. You know those kids will be up at the crack of dawn! No hangover worries here! So why not make it fun?
We asked the kids what theme they’d like to make this years party, and Lego Batman was loud and clear. We’re cool with it. Here’s what we’re planning:
Activies for NYE
- Pin the Batman Logo on his chest – fun game BEFORE food in the belly. Play like pin the tail on the donkey. Printable available on Etsy.
- Build a new lego batman character using printables from Lego website
- Build a lego city for lego batman to save – duplos or mini figs
- Try a lego topped batman brownie – Etsy printables
- Balloon drop with lego colors – Use a giant sheet, stuff balloons in, tie ends loosely with rubber band or hair tie, shake open at 8pm.
- Confetti cannons with Batman logos (wrap a toilet paper roll, stuff it with shredded paper, tie both ends, let kids tear open at 8pm.
- Run with star ribbon wands to ring in new year! – Paper source
- Watch Lego Batman Movie while wearing your Batman Mask – Amazon Prime
- Guess the Legos in the Jar, winner gets a prize!
- Recite your new years resolutions, lego theme. Ie: Batman will save the city as a team.
- Organic Girl mixed greens + balsamic vinegar and Parmesan peels
- Lobster Thermidor
- Roasted brussel sprouts, mushrooms and bacon
- Twice baked potatoes with piped filling, use Wilton Tip 8B
- Lego Batman brownies – just brownies with a cute printable toothpick topper!
- OR Batman Blondies, if you have time
- Veuve Clicquot for the big kids!
Happy New Year! I hope 2018 is happier and healthier than ALL of 2017. I realize that the changing of a new year does no guarantee this and it’s totally random, but we are hopeful! Cheers to all of you and thank you so much for stopping by!
P.S. Veuve is on sale at Costco for $45 right now. YES!!!!