Chocolate Chex Bars
This no-bake dessert is perfect for a rainy, lazy Sunday like today. We needed a Packer Party dessert to bring along to my in-laws house today, and this was easy to make and take along. Plus, the kids could help make it!
Did you know Chex, gluten free and nut free, makes a Chocolate Chex cereal? It’s amazing. My son (of course) found it at the grocery store a few weeks ago. We noticed the recipes on the back of the box and decided to give them a try.
My only suggestion for Chex would be to actually just print the recipe on the box, like rice krispies does! I didn’t know the quantities of the ingredients until I looked at Chex’s Pinterest page for the recipe. That’s not convenient. And I also hate pulling out my phone, ESPECIALLY while cooking – that’s gross.
- One box of chocolate chex cereal
- 1 bag of mini white marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Artisan Kettle Chocolate chips
- Coat a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick spray
- Using a non-stick sauce pan, melt the butter and the marshmallows. Once fully melted, add the cinnamon and cayenne
- In a separate large bowl, pour in the box of cereal. Mix in the melted, seasoned marshmallows into the cereal until well combined. Work fast, it cools quick.
- Spoon the cereal into the baking dish and press down to fit.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While it’s cooling, melt your chocolate. I ended up using a 1/2 cup, not 1/4 cup because I’m OBSESSED with chocolate.
- Use a spoon and drizzle the melted chocolate over your cooled cereal bars. Return to fridge.
- Once cooled and formed, cut into squares using serrated knife. Enjoy!
Pair this treat with a Porter or peppery red wine. Hopefully we can pull off a WIN! GPG!
Everyone is enjoying the bars and they are very good! There is definitely a zip to them with the added cayenne. If you do not like heat, or these are for kids only, I’d lower the amount of cayenne to 1/4 tsp or none at all! I hope you enjoy. These are addicting!!
Happy Sunday. Enjoy the colors!