Quinoa Acorn Squash + Chicken Sausage
Squash is pletiful in the garden now, and you can find it at almost every farmers market and grocery store. There are many ways to make squash, but the yummiest way, in my opinion, is roasting it. I hated squash until my late 20s when my Mom made a great recipe at Thanks Giving that included roasting it, like this recipe does.
- One acorn squash feeds two people, so I’m using 2 for the 4 of us.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (1 cup white sugar + 1 tbsp molasses if you ran out of Brown sugar at the last minute like I did. Stir stir stir on high heat. Wallah, you have brown sugar)
- Two packets of your favorite quinoa + rice spice mix.
- One pack of your favorite chicken sausage or Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 degrees
- Fill slices acorn squash with butter and sugar.
- Turn squash upside down onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until it begins to soften, about 45 min.
- Roast until you like, I like mine roasted to death, so more like an hour.
Prepare your rice and sausage. I’m slicing the sausage and pan frying it before adding it to the rice mix.
Lastly, top with Parmesan. If you want to be fancy and make parmesan curls, get out that potato peeler and grate your Parmesan that way. Or leave it off, whatever floats your boat.
Have a great night! It’s so hot here today, I don’t even feel like eating this meal now!!!!!!!!!!!!