Gigi's Weeknight BBQ Ribs
Growing up, my parents worked a LOT. Dinner was always about fast, simple and easy. There were no frills. The spice cabinet contained salt, pepper, Lawry’s season salt and italian herb mix.
In fact, many of our meals were hamburger helper, over cooked chicken stir-fry or sweet and sour meatballs.
My parents didn’t come from families that cooked a lot, so all of the things we had, they learned how to make themselves. They did a pretty good job for having little cooking experience.
I still LOVE my mom’s BBQ ribs.
- One rack of ribs
- One bottle of favorite BBQ sauce, like sweet baby Ray’s
- One extra large glass pyrex
- Lawry’s season salt
- Spray pam
- Remove the membrane from the ribs, if you want.
- Heat your oven to 425°
- Line your oven safe dish with foil. Use pam spray to spray both sides of foil (incase you have a tear in the foil, it won’t stick to the pan)
- Place ribs into pan
- Sprinkle Lawry’s salt over lightly on both sides
- Squeeze entire bottle of BBQ sauce over ribs, coat evenly + cover with foil.
- Cook for 1 hour at 425°
- Remove after 1 hour and remove foil over top of ribs. Use brush to redistribute sauce. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Turn on broiler for 5 minutes to crisp up.
- Yield: 5-6