7 Day Menu Plan…Recipes Included…Print + Shop!
Unsure of what to make this week? It’s my Sunday night struggle, every week. This week, I googled a bunch of stuff to make quick since we have another busy week + meals are important. Hope this helps you out too, these are some of my favorites! They should all take 30 minutes or less to prepare, some have a longer cooking time, those would be the slow cooker recipes.
Monday: Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice and Peppers
- 1 lb chicken breast meat
- Bell pepper chopped, green and red
- 4 tsp corn starch mixed with 4 tsp water
- 1 cup canned chunk pineapple
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Cook rice
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate. Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
Tuesday: Broccoli Fettuccini
- Broccoli head, stems trimmed + cut to appropriate size
- Fettuccine pasta box
- Jar of your favorite alfredo sauce (I like Prego since it’s nut free)
- Make the pasta according to box
- Steam the broccoli either in microwave or stovetop
- Drain pasta + return to large pan, add broccoli and dump in the jar of sauce
- Warm through
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken if you need more protein
Wednesday: BBQ Pork Sandwiches Slow Cooker + Green Beans
- 1 tsp veg oil
- 1 (4lb) pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 + ½ tsp thyme
- Hamburger buns
- Butter, salt and pepper
- Green beans
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns.
- Prepare the green beans. Either open up a can and warm them up, or buy fresh, trim and cook on stovetop. I like to make 1 lb green beans + ¼ cup milk + 2 tbsp butter + salt and pepper then steam for 15 minutes on low. They turn out yummy!
Thursday: Cobb Salads + Soup
- 1 family size box organic girl mixed greens
- Mini tomato box
- Cucumber, chopped
- Shredded cheese
- Hard boiled eggs X 6
- Neuskes bacon crumbles
- Balsamic dressing
- Campbell’s Soup Selects or Panera soup in the refrigerator section
- Assemble your salad as you like
- Warm up soup
- Serve with Triscuit Crackers
Friday: Greek Burgers + Cucumber tomato salad + cucumber dressing
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup wine or beef broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Roll patties in flour and fry
- Stuff pita pockets with meat, tomato, cucumber, Kalamata olives, cucumber sauce
- Slice tomato , cucumber, feta and mix for salad, add sliced white onion if you like.
- Plain greek yogurt for sauce:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cloves smashed garlic
- ½ cucumber very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together and chill for 30-60 min.
Saturday: Leftover BBQ Sandwiches + Baked Beans + Watermelon
Leftover day! Just open up a can of beans, warm up and slice your watermelon + serve.
Sunday: Chili and Baked Potatoes with Fruit Salad
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¾ cup onion diced
- ¾ cup celery diced
- ¾ cup green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 (10.75) oz cans tomato puree
- 1 (15oz) kidney beans + liquid
- 1 (15oz) kidney beans drained
- 1(15oz) cannellini beans + liquid
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp basil
- ¾ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp hot sauce
- Brown off the beef, then combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours
- 1 hour before chili is done, put potatoes in a 350 degree oven and cook for 1-1.5 hours depending on how large your potatoes are. I like to coat the washed potato in olive oil and a pinch of salt, cook with a cookie sheet under to catch drips.
- When it’s all ready, eat the chili out of the potato, or serve on the side.
- Fruit salad
- Sliced banana
- Sliced strawberries
- Diced sliced oranges
- Whatever you have, mix it up, add 1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt with 1 splash of vanilla extract.