The title is kind of an oxymoron.
If you saw my pretty chalkboard menu on Instagram this week, I’ll have you know that I only made TWO of the items planned. Life happens. This week was more exhausting than I thought it would be. Emotionally. Physically. I’m toast! At 3pm today, I literally hit a wall. The kids played pirate, dressed up and used safety scissors to chop up boobie traps (an entire roll of yarn) all over the house. They kept busy and I watched. It’s just yarn, easy enough to clean up.
Here’s what I “cooked” tonight.
- Two packages ramen
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup of protein, we had leftover steak. Chicken, tofu, chicken sausage would all work.
- After chopping your veggies, sautee them in medium sauce pan with a tbsp of olive oil for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add 4 cups of water. Bring to boil
- Add the noddles, protein and Season packets.
- Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chives, yield 4.
This meal took me 10 minutes to make and the kids finished their plates.
To celebrate the first week of school, they got to pick a treat, over processed Hostess Cupcakes and Ding-Dongs. Chloe said she’d have a Ding-Dong, Carter followed up with,”who’s there?” These two are cracking me up lately!!!
Cheers to the weekend!