20 min Shrimp Scampi
When Justin Timberlake and Megan Trainor are blaring from Pandora, you know there is some serious dancing going on! After dancing at the library yesterday the party came home.
We met another group of friends at the library yesterday and it was a ball. Chloe had some pretty fun moves, and they are posted for you to see on Insta. The rain kept us inside and our library kept us busy. The summer reading program has them totally engrossed in reading, both of them!!!
Yesterday’s meal was dance friendly; you could easily dance and cook and not ruin anything.
Here’s what we did.
Shrimp Scampi + Broccoli + Angel Hair Pasta
1 # frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined (look for responsible fishing, Whole Foods/Metcalfes have great fresh seafood).
1 package Campbell’s Dinner Starter, Shrimp Scampi Flavored
2 heads of broccoli
1# box angel hair pasta (or rice/couscous/etc)
Salt and pepper
Room temp. Butter
1. To quickly thaw frozen shrimp, place in colander under cold running water. Or place them on a grill pan for 30 minutes to thaw before use. When they are mostly thawed, place them in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Boil water for pasta, cook accordingly.
3. Heat a large pan with high sides over medium to high heat. Swirl evoo or 2 tbsp butter. Add your shrimp and cook 3 minutes on each side, until light pink and curled up (don’t be scared, grease will spatter and spit, and your pan will look like shit). Add the sauce mix and scrape the bottom of your pan good to deglaze. Cover and turn heat to low.
4. While shrimp and pasta are going, rinse broccoli and cut up. Place into glass pyrex pan with 1/4 cup water. Microwave on high for 4 minutes (more or less time depending on how much broccoli you have).
5. Drain pasta and broccoli. Set aside. Add butter and 4S season salt (Penzeys) to the broccoli. (You actually need 1 tsp of butter to aid in the digestion of Vitamin A + D from broccoli).
6. Assemble the shrimp over pasta and broccoli next to it.
7. Yield= exactly 4
Enjoy your weekend!