I was in the middle of making dinner tonight (a whole 20 min) when the paper towel ran out.
Lately I’ve been finding the good in everything.
So. What good comes from running out of paper towel? Restocking, only to find out that ITS TIME TO GO TO TARGET AND BUY MORE BULK PAPER TOWEL!!!!
Target. Ahhhh. Bliss. The big, red comforting shopping cart that sweeps me and my diaper bag right off my tired feet. That smell of something new around the corner that I don’t really need but will probably buy anyway. And the HINT of STARBUCKS that I shouldn’t have at 8pm, but it’s a Chai, so lower in caffeine than a coffee but just enough to get me thru this amazingness.
So. That was my silver lining.
Back to what I am supposed to be doing.
Fast Fajita Recipe
1# lean organic ground beef or chicken
1 onion sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
Fajita sauce mix
1 box of rice
1. Get out two non-stick fry pans and one non-stick sauce pan.
2. Start with your bell pepper first since it will take the longest. Once it’s sliced, put it into a fry pan on med-hi heat until it’s soft. About 10 minutes. You can just leave this on the back burner or grill it too if ya want.
3. Next, make rice as per box directions.
4. To the last fry pan, add a tbsp of evoo or butter, whatever you prefer. Put in the meat and cook until it’s Browned, remove extra fat. You could add the onion now or add it to the bell pepper, whichever you prefer.
5. If the meat is done, add 1/4 cup of water and Fajita sauce packet. Mix well.
6. Turn off the rice, fluff with fork. Add 1 can of black beans and handful of cheese. Mix well.
7. Turn off peppers + onions.
8. Microwave the tortillas for 40 seconds on plate with damp paper towel wrapped around them.
9. Wash cherry tomatoes.
10. Assemble tortillas with meatsauce, peppers and onions, tomatoes. Serve with side of rice.