My pantry always has two or three Campbell’s Soup Sauce Starters in it. These are great for nights like tonight where nothing is thawed and I’m not in the mood to cook a big meal.
At 4:30 we decided to make Chicken Marsala using the Campbell’s Soup Sauce starter and the microwave to thaw chicken.
The allergy information is always clearly stated under ingredients, which I love. Thanks, Dad.
- 1 pound chicken
- Campbell’s Sauce packet
- Favorite vegetable
- Pasta, rice, or couscous
- In a pre-heated 425* oven, add your vegetable to roast for 30-40 minutes. Tonight we did asparagus. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, baby carrots, etc. All taste amazing roasted. Just line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, drizzle a bit of evoo, sprinkle salt and pepper. Easy.
- While your vegetables are roasting, prepare the chicken by heating a non-stick skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of evoo. (Or use a regular skillet and deglaze when you’re done, I prefer my All-Clad).
- Add the chicken. I use BARE chicken tender strips. It’s important to season each side of the meat with salt and pepper before putting into the pan.
- Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, or until juice runs clear and chicken is no longer pink.
- Our herbs are growing like crazy, so I chopped some thyme and chives and sprinkled on while chicken was cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, start your rice/pasta/couscous. I like basmati rice. Prepare accordingly.
- Once the meat is done, pour the Campbell’s sauce mix in and heat through. Leave covered and on LOW until your rice and veggies are done.
- Enjoy, yield 4.
HHappy 50th Anniversary Campbell’s Milwaukee!!😃😃😃😃